Recreation Programs & Special Events
The Best in Arkansas
Fayetteville Parks and Recreation has a wide variety of Recreation Programs and Special Events we offer to the citizens of Fayetteville. From youth sports to adult sports and instructional programs to running and biking events, we likely have something for you!
Annual offerings include the Gulley Park Summer Concert Series, Dive-In Movies at Wilson Pool, and the Fayetteville Race Series. In 2014, more than 69,000 people participated in our "Award Winning" recreational programs.
In addition to the programs we offer, several volunteer organizations throughout Fayetteville manage activities in our parks such as youth baseball, sand volleyball, ultimate Frisbee, disc golf, tennis, and rugby.
If you would like to get involved in sponsoring or donating to one of our recreational programs, please see the sponsorship / donation packet to find various opportunities.
Reasons to be Active
- American Academy of Pediatrics recommends children be physically active for at least 60 minutes throughout the day.
- Exposure to nature can reduce stress levels by as much as 28% in children.
- Even a 20 minute walk can help children with ADHD concentrate better.
- Outdoor exercise improves mental and physical well-being more so than indoor activity.
- Children who spend more time outdoors are less likely to be overweight by 27%-47%