Staying Informed

AccessFayetteville provides numerous ways to stay informed about your local government.


Frequently Asked Questions

  1. What is the sales tax rate for the City of Fayetteville?

    For Sales Tax and Special Taxes, please see the Sales Tax Rates page.

    The sales tax on purchases made within the City limits is collected by the State of Arkansas, except the HMR/supplemental beverage taxes which are remitted to the City.

  2. What is the Hotel/Motel Restaurant (HMR) Tax?

    The City of Fayetteville currently has a 2% Hotel/Motel and Restaurant tax on esablishments engaged in the business of renting, leasing or otherwise furnishing hotel or motel accomodations, or selling prepared food or beverages for consumption on or off premises.

    New businesses need to complete the setup form.

    Setup forms and City reporting forms are available to you by request at (479) 575-8287 or online at

  3. Does the City of Fayetteville have a business license?

    Yes. The City of Fayetteville has a business license program. More information on the Business License program.

  4. How can I pay my Accounts Receivable invoice?

    You can make a payment with cash, MasterCard or Visa at City Hall located at 113 West Mountain.  You can pay with a check by mail, or you can also pay on-line with  MasterCard or Visa by clicking here.

  5. Can I pay HMR or supplemental beverage taxes online?

    Not at this time.  A check should be mailed with the reporting form to:

    City of Fayetteville
    113 West Mountain
    Fayetteville, AR 72701

  6. What types of Alcoholic Beverage Licenses does the City require?

    On Premises Consumption Permit - Hotel/Motel or Restaurant
    Private Club Permit
    Restaurant Beer and Wine Permit (NEW-application is not available at this time)
    Retail Beer and Light Wine Permit
    Retail Liquor Permit
    Wholesale Beer & Light Wine Permit
    Wholesale Liquor Permit
    Large Attendance Facility Permit
    Off Premises Caterer Permit (NEW-application is not available at this time)

    Please see Chaper 111: Alcoholic Beverages of the Fayetteville Code of Ordinances for additional information.

    Should you have any questions, contact the Accounting Division at (479) 575-8287.

  7. What types of transportation related licenses does the City require?

    The City of Fayetteville requires annually renewable permits for taxicab, limousine, rental car and pawnbroker services.  All privilege permits described here expire on December 31 of each year.  All application forms are available online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

    Rental car permits are remitted to the Accounting Division.  You may contact Accounting at (479) 575-8287.

    Taxicabs, limousine, non-motorized passenger transport vehicle businesses, and pawnbrokers must obtain a permit through the Fayetteville Police Department.  You can contact the Police Department at (479) 575-3565.

  8. What are the Accounting Division's operating hours?

    Hours are Monday thru Friday 8:00-12:00 and 1:00-5:00.  Please refer to the calendar for closings.

  9. How do I obtain the City of Fayetteville Financial Reports?

    Financial Reports can be found online.