Staying Informed

AccessFayetteville provides numerous ways to stay informed about your local government.



What do I need to do if an animal bites me?


Immediately wash the wound thoroughly with soap and warm water. If the bite results in an open, bleeding wound seek immediate medical attention. Make a note of the animal that includes the species, breed, color, and size if you do not know who owns it. If you know the owner of the offending animal, get the owner's contact information. Animal Services must be contacted at (479)444-3456 and a bite report must be filed. If the bite occurs after business hours, contact the Fayetteville Police Department at (479)587-3555.  This process complies with the Arkansas Rabies Control Act and is designed to contain the spread of rabies. If the animal is a stray or wildlife (raccoon, possum, ect.) a rabies infection could be possible. An Animal Services Officer will make every effort to capture the animal for rabies testing.  For more information, contact the shelter at (479)444-3456.