AccessFayetteville provides numerous ways to stay informed about your local government.
Ward 2, Position 1
Phone: (479) 442-7868
418 W Ila
Fayetteville, AR 72701
- As your Alderman, you can count on me to be responsive and accessible to all of the people living in Ward 2.
- We must have a city government that is fiscally accountable and transparent. I will always keep the citizens of Ward 2 fully informed.
- Tax dollars must be allocated first and foremost to support basic services: police, fire, and improving our aging infrastructure.
- In times of economic uncertainty, I would like to see a balanced budget and the city putting aside reserves for unforeseen urgent needs.
- The Downtown Masterplan must be implemented with compatible and harmonious infill and with attention given to protecting the unique aspects that define our city's character and protecting the environment.
- Our town is a University town. We must protect and enhance our relationship with the U of A
- As a neighborhood advocate, I feel Ward 2 must be walkable, with safe sidewalks and increased connectivity with city trails. I heartily support a regional green infrastructure plan.
- Transportation alternatives must be seriously studied with a plan in place sooner rather than later. A regional transportation plan including mass transportation for all citizens. This does not preclude road improvements that would help Fayetteville's accessibility.
- A recycling program for business, industry, and apartment dwellers must be studied, planned and
- I support a broad economic development plan that includes the "Green Valley" initiative and a sustainable economic base. This plan must include opportunities for artists, art, and our unique creative economy. Fayetteville’s traditional industrial base must be protected as well as the service, health and education economy.
- Services to Families and Children must be protected and nurtured. More youth at risk programs through non-profit partnerships are important as we face economic uncertainty.
- Housing programs to insure safe and affordable shelter for all must be protected and developed through Federal funding opportunities and non-profit partnerships.
Occupation & Education
Attended Prairie Grove Public Schools Grades 1- 12
University of Arkansas; Bumpers College of Agricultural, Food and Life Sciences; BSA, Food Science and Technology/Chemistry
University of Arkansas; Graduate School; Communication
GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals, Retired Sr. Executive
Native of Prairie Grove, AR (Rhea’s Mill Community)
Resident of Fayetteville 25+ years
- Fayetteville Housing Authority, Board of Commissioners, Past President
- Partners for Better Housing, Founding Board Member, Executive Committee
- Fayetteville Council of Neighborhoods, Past President
- Wilson Park Neighborhood Association, Past President
- Humane Society of the Ozarks, Past President and Lifetime Member
- American Lung Association of AR, State Board of Directors
- Ozark StageWorks, Board of Directors
- Planned Parenthood of Arkansas /Eastern Oklahoma, Advisory Board
- University of Arkansas Alumni Association, Lifetime Member
- National Eagle Scout Association, Lifetime Member
- Northwest Arkansas Center for Equality, Member
- Ozark Headwaters Group Sierra Club, Executive Committee
- Working America, Community Affiliate of the AFL-CIO
- Northside Rotary, Fayetteville
Member: Nominating Committee
Member: Water and Sewer Committee
Member: City Council Representative on Fayetteville Forward Economic Accountability Committee
My Key Issues
Wise Infill Development
Ward Meeting Schedule
Ward 2 meetings are currently held as needs arise. Quarterly Meetings are suggested.