AccessFayetteville provides numerous ways to stay informed about your local government.
Can all checks that are returned, be prosecuted as a Hot Check?
The following checks are not prosecutable under Violation of Arkansas Hot Check Law:
1) A stop-payment check.
2) A post-dated check.
3) A check more than one (1) year old.
4) A check on which partial payment has been received.
5) A check given in exchange for a returned check.
6) A check not presented to the bank within 30 days.
7) A check given for payment on an account.
8) A check that the merchant agrees to hold for any period of time.
9) A two party check.