AccessFayetteville provides numerous ways to stay informed about your local government.
If you receive a bad check, take the following steps immediately.
1) Send it through the bank a second time, if the check is insufficient.
2) Try to contact the check writer and give a time limit on payment.
3) Sign a complaint at the City Prosecutor's Office.
4) The Prosecutor's Office will handle it from here.
5) DO NOT accept any money on the checks turned over to this office. The check writer must pay through the Hot Check office.