AccessFayetteville provides numerous ways to stay informed about your local government.
Code Information for New Residents
The City of Fayetteville wants all residents to understand our city codes. As a new resident, you may not be aware of our most commonly violated neighborhood nuisance codes. Check out the list below and call our office at (479) 575-8260 if you have any questions about City of Fayetteville codes.
- Over-occupancy - No more than 4 unrelated people are allowed to occupy a residence in a Multi Family Zone. No more than 3 unrelated people are allowed to occupy a residence in a Single Family Zone.
- Parking in the Yard - Park in the driveway or where there is a maintained parking spot. The maximum number of vehicles allowed on a single family property is FOUR.
- Overgrown Grass/Weeds - Mow the yard. Grass should be kept shorter than 8 inches. On vacant lots, grass should be kept shorter than 18 inches.
- Junk and Debris in Yard - Brush, furniture, appliances, junk and other items should be kept out of the yard.
- Inoperable Vehicles - Disabled and/or junk vehicles should not be parked in yards or public streets.
- Noise Violations - Loud parties attract attention. The Police may drop by if the noise level is high.
- Trash - Trash and bags of garbage should be placed in proper receptacles. Try to recycle as much as possible. Pick up any loose trash and make sure it is disposed of properly.
Some additional information on Fayetteville codes can be found here. You can also follow the link to view the full Fayetteville City Code.