AccessFayetteville provides numerous ways to stay informed about your local government.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and what is its purpose?
- What is the CDBG grant amount the City gets each year?
- Does the City have to apply for CDBG funds each year from the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)?
- What is an Entitlement Community under CDBG?
- How is the City's grant amount determined by the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)?
- When is the grant amount announced?
- What activities are eligible for CDBG funding?
- What activities are NOT eligible for CDBG funding?
- Who can apply for Fayetteville CDBG funds?
- Are there strings attached to the CDBG funds?
- What other factors should an applicant consider before submitting an application for funding?
- Is there a checklist for prospective applicants to use?
- Can a private individual apply for CDBG funds?
- What is the deadline for submitting an application for CDBG funds?
- Who determines the allocation of CDBG funds?
- What is the Consolidated Plan?
- What is an Annual Action Plan?
- What is an Environmental Review and why is it required for a CDBG funded activity?
- What is a grant agreement?
- What are the responsibilities of a CDBG Subrecipient?
- Is there a time limit for a Subrecipient to spend CDBG funding?
- When can a Subrecipient incur costs for an approved activity?
- What is the purpose of Subrecipient Monitoring?
- How is monitoring normally conducted?
- Who is a beneficiary?
- Does a beneficiary have any responsibilities?
- What are the current Income Limits and what do they mean?
- What is the Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER)?
- How does the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) measure the effectiveness of the City's CDBG Program?
- What is a Timeliness Index and what does it mean?
- What impact will it have on the City's CDBG Program if the City goes over the timeliness index limit?
- What type of income should I include in my application?
- Who should be included as household members?
- Who should I contact if I have further questions?