How To Start a Business in Fayetteville

Federal Wage and Tax Statement (Form W-2)

On an annual basis, employers must report to the federal government wages paid and taxes withheld for each employee. This report is filed using Form W-2 Wage and Tax Statement. Employers must complete a W-2 Form for each employee to whom they pay a salary, wage or other compensation. Employers must send Copy A of Form W-2 to the Social Security Administration (SSA) by the last day of February (or last day of March if you file electronically) to report the wages and taxes of your employees for the previous calendar year. In addition, employers should send copies of Form W-2 to their employees by Jan. 31 of the year following the reporting period.  Electronic W-2 filing is available at: