How To Start a Business in Fayetteville

Unemployment Insurance


Federal Unemployment (FUTA) Tax:

The Federal Unemployment Tax together with the State Unemployment Tax provides for the payment of unemployment benefits to workers who have lost their jobs.  Most employers have to pay both these taxes.  Only the employer pays this tax and it must not be deducted from the employee’s wages.  For more information:


State Unemployment Tax:

Arkansas businesses with employees are required to pay unemployment insurance taxes under certain conditions. If your business is required to pay these taxes, you must register your business with your state's workforce agency. You may register online.

For more information, contact:

Address:                      Arkansas Department of Workforce Services           
                                    2143 W Martin Luther King Blvd.
                                    Fayetteville, Arkansas

Telephone:                 (479) 521-5730/(479) 587-3086 (auditor)