AccessFayetteville provides numerous ways to stay informed about your local government.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How to sign up for bids?
There are a couple of places you can go to get signed up on the mailing list. On the "Doing Business With the City" page on the right hand side go to the How to Sign Up for Bids button, or from the Economic Development home page go to the How to Sign Up for Bids button. All you need to get added to the mailing list is a valid email address.
- What is the difference between a Bid, an RFP, and an RFQ?
During a bid, a price is the most deciding factor for award. Bid examples: construction, equipment, materials and supplies.
An RFP (Request for Proposals) or RFQ (Request for Qualifications) is used more where price is a consideration, but not the most weighed factor. Other factors considered include:
1. Qualifications in relation to specific project to be performed
2. Experience, competence, and capacity for performance
3. Work method and location of facilities
4. Past performance
5. Price (not considered in an RFQ)
RFQ's are only done for architectural, engineering and legal services.
- Where does the City advertise Bids, RFPS's and RFQ's?
All advertisements run in the Northwest Arkansas Times and Arkansas Democrat-Gazette under classification 1210 legals.
- Are there any requirements for submitting a bid
Terms and conditions vary with each bid depending on what is being purchased. Please refer to the terms and conditions section of the bid for details.
- When do I need an Arkansas Contractor's License Number?
When bidding on a construction project for more than $20,000 an Arkansas State Contractor's License Number is required.
- When do I need a bid bond or 100% performance and payment bond?
A bid bond is required to be submitted with construction bids totaling $20,000 or more. A 100% performance and payment bond is required whenever a vendor is awarded a construction contract totaling $20,000 or more. Equipment or service contracts exceeding $20,000 may in some instances also require a performance and payment bond.
- Where do I find the results of a bid?
The results of our bids can be found on the Bid Tabulations page.