AccessFayetteville provides numerous ways to stay informed about your local government.
Revegetation of disturbed areas shall be in accordance with ��169.06.f of the City of Fayetteville Grading Ordinance including 4 inches of Topsoil.
Revegetation shall be required to meet the following performance standards:
- Zero to 10% grade: Revegetation shall be a minimum of seeding and mulching. Said seeding shall provide complete and uniform coverage that minimizes erosion and runoff in no more than two growing seasons.
- 10% to 15% grade: Revegetation shall be a minimum of hydoseeding with mulch and fertilizer, staked sod and/or groundcover. Said planting shall provide complete and uniform coverage that minimizes erosion and runoff in no more than two growing seasons.
- 15% to 20% grade: The slope shall be covered with landscape fabric and planted with groundcover as set forth in Item 1 above.
- More than 20% grade: Any finish grade over 20% shall be stabilized with retaining walls, cribbing, terraces, landscape fabric, vegetation, or rip rap. If rip rap is used the slope stability and erodibility must be equivalent to or better than its predevelopment state.
- Hillside/Hilltop Overlay District: Revegetation of lands within the Hillside/ Hilltop Overlay District shall be planted immediately after the physical alteration of the land with complete and uniform ground cover. Sod, erosion fabric, herbaceous groundcover (in wooded areas), and/or a hydroseed with warm season grasses is required. Revegetation requirements shall be met prior to the issuance of the certificate of occupancy. Cut and Fill tie-back slopes shall be re-vegetated with appropriate tree species to achieve a minimum of 25% tree canopy at maturity.