Staying Informed

AccessFayetteville provides numerous ways to stay informed about your local government.



How do I remove my house from the floodplain?


If your land is shown on the map as ��in�� the floodplain, but your building site is higher than the Base Flood Elevation (BFE) then you can submit a FEMA Elevation Certificate (EC), completed by a licensed surveyor or engineer, with an application to FEMA.  FEMA may issue a Letter of Map Amendment.  This is the only way to remove the mandatory requirements to buy flood insurance.  Keep the certificate with your deed, it will help future buyers.