Staying Informed

AccessFayetteville provides numerous ways to stay informed about your local government.


Stormwater Pollution Hotline

Pollution Hotline:  Email or Call (479) 575-8206

The Engineering Division can respond to citizen pollution complaints and spills that threaten our creeks or water bodies, Monday thru Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.  

What to Report:

  •  A description of the potential pollution
  •  The location of the problem
  •  The source of pollution or the person(s) responsible
  •  Your name and a number where you can be reached if the investigator needs further information (caller names and phone numbers are confidential)

When to Report

It is very important to report pollution problems while they are in progress or immediately after they are seen to ensure a rapid response and the identification of the pollution and source.

Please note that 911 must be called first if there is any threat to life or property during a spill incident.

Pollution Hotline:  (479) 575-8206 (Engineering Division)

Report any pollutants that may threaten our creeks and lakes:

  •  Petroleum Products: motor oil, gasoline, diesel, jet fuels, spills, leaking vehicles, use of fuel for weed control, dumping.
  •  Soaps and Detergents: use in cleaning pavement, vehicles and equipment, failure to connect washing machine to wastewater line.
  •  Silt, Mud and other Sediments: inadequate silt fences, excess water pumped from construction sites.
  •  Antifreeze: improper flushing or draining; dumping on ground or in dumpster.
  •  Latex/Oil-Based Paints & Solvents: cleaning equipment outdoors, dumping on ground, in dumpster, or down storm drain.
  •  Sewage: leaking sanitary sewer lines, malfunctioning septic systems.
  •  Trash and Debris: littering and dumping, household or construction waste.
  •  Restaurant Grease: improper disposal.
  •  Fertilizers and Pesticides: unnecessary or excessive use, application before rainfall.

Household Hazardous Waste Collection Center

These items include automotive products, pool chemicals, paint products, lawn & garden products, cleaning products, batteries, thermometers, florescent bulbs, etc. Items can be recycled at a local HHW collection center at no charge for household quantities.  This service is available to residents only.  For more information on Household Hazardous Waste, please visit the EPA website or Water Environment Federation website.

Washington County Household Hazardous Waste Drop-Off, 2615 Brink Drive, Fayetteville

Monday- Friday 8am- 4pm and the 1st Saturday of each month 8am-noon

(479) 444-1725