AccessFayetteville provides numerous ways to stay informed about your local government.
Attending Spring Registration is the best way to insure you will get a plot(s). Spring Registration is designed as a community-building event and all gardeners are strongly encouraged to attend. Here you will meet fellow gardeners, receive a Gardener’s Welcome Packet, learn about volunteering at your garden and receive free garden seeds.
Spring Registration Day will be held on March 2, 2013 at 11:00 a.m. at the Senior Activity and Wellness Center, 945 S. College Avenue. Please mark your calendars.
For complete information about Spring Registration and participating in a Park Land Community Garden, see the following document:
Is for current gardeners only and will be open during the last two weeks in September. Exact dates will be announced through e-mail and posted at the garden. When you pre-register, your plot(s) will be reserved for you until Registration Day. Plot fees will be due by March 2, 2013 for pre-registered plots or your plot(s) may be rented according to the Plot Assignment Priority during Spring Registration.
The rental period begins the first day of April and ends the last day of March annually. The fee includes the use of water. To serve the most citizens, plot rental is limited to no more than 100 square feet of plot(s) per each individual, family or organization.
Walker Park Jefferson
25 square feet = $20 30 square feet = $20
50 square feet = $30 60 square feet = $30
100 square feet = $40
GRANTS: Community Garden Plot Grants are available! Please contact Parks and Recreation. For more information visit us on the web at www.accessfayetteville.org
The list is for Jefferson and Walker Park gardens; it is a way for new gardeners to let us know they are interested in a plot and is available year-round. If your name is on the Waiting List before February 1, you will be invited to the Spring Registration. If you get your name on the Waiting List after February 1 and a plot comes open after Spring Registration, you will be contacted. To have your name added to the Waiting List contact a garden leader by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 479-251-0368. Or contact the Parks and Recreation Department by email: email@example.com or call 479-444-3467.
Plot Assignment Priority
This priority has been established to insure that all citizens have an opportunity to participate in a Community Gardens in the Parks garden.
- Returning gardeners in good standing who have pre-registered.
- Senior Activity and Wellness Center participants.
- New gardeners who are on the Waiting List and attend Spring Registration.
- Returning gardeners who did not pre-register or attend Sprint Registration.
Plot Assignment General Information
- A household is one address; each gardener signed up needs to be actively involved in caring for their plot(s) and volunteering.
- Gardeners who neglect their plot the previous year will receive lower priority when plots are reassigned.
- Contact the Garden Coordinator if you are not able to continue gardening or will not be able to garden for an extended time. Assistance will be provided to those who are suffering a hardship situation such as an illness or family death. Gardeners who abandon their plots will be given one notice by phone and/or e-mail and one week to harvest. After this time, any remaining food will be harvested and distributed to food pantries and kitchens.