AccessFayetteville provides numerous ways to stay informed about your local government.
Lake Wilson is a 320 acre off-leash dog park located in southeast Fayetteville. There is also a 1.5 acre dog park located at the Fayetteville Animal Shelter at 1640 S Armstrong. Procter and Gamble donated $30,000 to help build our newest dog park IAMS Park at Bryce Davis Park, located at 1595 N. Dartmouth Avenue. The Dog Park rules are as follows:
- Dogs must be on a leash upon entering and exiting the dog park.
- Dogs must be supervised by the owner, have current vaccinations and City licenses.
- The owners must pick up dog waste and dispose of it in designated trash receptacles.
- A person may bring in only two dogs.
- Children eight years and younger are not allowed in the off-leash dog area. Children ages nine through thirteen must be accompanied by an adult.
- Dog owners must be in the park and within view of their dogs at all times.
- Food is not allowed inside the dog park, with the exception of training treats.
- Aggressive dogs are not allowed.
- Users of the facility do so at their own risk.
- Dogs in heat or under the age of four months are not allowed.
- Spiked collars are not allowed in the dog park.