AccessFayetteville provides numerous ways to stay informed about your local government.
Walker Park Neighborhood Master Plan
The Walker Park Neighborhood Master Plan, adopted in February 2008, was the first neighborhood plan completed after City Plan 2025 was adopted. Close to 200 citizens participated in the Walker Park Neighborhood charrette September 21-27, 2007. Over the week of input, the charrette team identified the themes that were repeated over and over that eventually became the goals of the final vision document:
- Encourage a balance of uses and housing
- Improve connectivity and walkability
- Keep Jefferson Square as neighborhood core
- Create accessible greenspace
The adopted Master Plan and Vision document are available below, in addition to the Community and Work-in-Progress Presentations, the Walker Park Site Map, and the Existing and Idealized Build-out 3D Fly-through Models.
- Final Community Presentation (pdf)
- Walker Park Neigborhood Master Plan Vision Document (pdf)
- Illustrative Masterplan (pdf)
- Walker Park Site Map (pdf)
- Work in Progress Presentation (pdf)
- Walker Park Neighborhood 3D Model Existing (avi)
- Walker Park Neighborhood 3D Model Idealized Build-out (avi)
The Walker Park Plan won the 2008 Arkansas State American Planning Association award for Comprehensive Planning. The Sketch Up Model won the 2008 State award for Achievement in Technology.