Can you help me get my property back from my ex-roommate, husband or wife?


This is considered a civil matter between you and your ex-roommate, husband or wife.  The police department cannot get involved in those matters.  All civil matters are handled through the court.  If you fear for your safety while you retrieve some of your property you can call our non-emergency number and request a civil standby.