Frequently Asked Questions

  1. How do I keep a traffic violation from appearing on my driving record?

    Contact District Court.

  2. If the person at fault in an accident does not have insurance what are my options?

    Accident disputes are settled through small claims court located at the District Court.

  3. How can I pay my fines or tickets?

    You may send payment through the mail to the Fayetteville Police Department, 100 West Rock Street, Fayetteville, AR 72701,  pay in person at the same address or pay online at

  4. How do I get a copy of a police report? Can you fax me the report?

    Police reports are usually ready within five (5) working days through our Records Division.  Accident Reports are $10.00 and Case Reports are free.  Accident reports cannot be faxed due to the processing charge for each report.  Accident reports are available on-line.  You can use the link on our web site or go to  On-line accident reports are $15.00.  If you have any questions regarding a police report you can reach the Records Division at 479-587-3565.

  5. How do I get information about crime in a certain neighborhood?

    Contact the Fayetteville Police Department Community Oriented Policing Division at 479-587-3580.

  6. What are the hours of the Records Division of the Police Department?

    The Records Division hours are Monday through Friday 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM.  We are open during lunch hours. 

  7. What are Fayetteville District Court hours and where are they located?

    The Fayetteville District Court hours are Monday through Friday 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM.  Call the District Court at 479-587-3590 for lunch closings.  They are located at 176 S. Church Ave Suite 6.

  8. How do I obtain a background check on myself?

    Contact Fayetteville District Court.

  9. How can I check for warrants at the Fayetteville Police Department?

    Call the Warrants Division at 479-575-8344 Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM.  They will only have information for warrants held by the Fayetteville Police Department.  They will give you instructions on how to take care of the warrant.

  10. How do I take care of a hot check?

    Contact Fayetteville Prosecutor’s Office Hot Check Division (479) 575-8254.

  11. What is an SR-1 form?  Am I responsible to fill it out or is my insurance company?

    Mandated State of Arkansas form to be filled out when $1,000.00 worth of damage or more occurs to a vehicle.  It is the driver’s responsibility to send this information to the State of Arkansas.

  12. Who do I need to report identity theft to?

    File a police report with your local police department and report it to the Federal Trade Commission ( or 1-877-ID-THEFT).

  13. Who do I need to report a computer internet crime to?

    File a police report with your local police department and report the crime to

  14. Can I get a background check on a citizen?

    The Records Division can give you a background check on a citizen.  They can only give you information on incidents that occurred in the city of Fayetteville.  If you need background checks for other cities you can contact the Arkansas State Police at 479-751-6663.

  15. Can the Police Department tell me if something I have purchased is stolen?

    If you have the serial number of the purchased item you can contact the Criminal Investigation Division at 479-587-3520 between the hours of 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday.

  16. What job opportunities are currently available?

    Thank you for inquiring about employment with the Fayetteville Police Department.  We offer both sworn and non-sworn positions.  For more information you can contact the city's Human Resource Division at 479-575-8278.


  17. How can I find out if a sex offender lives in my neighborhood?

    Sex offenders are required by law to register with the police department in the jurisdiction where they are living.  The police department then notifies the neighborhood where the registered offender is living.  They also provide this information to the State of Arkansas and it is posted on a web site at  There is also a link on the Police Department page to Offender Watch.  This is a site sponsered by the Washington County Sheriff's Office. If you have further questions about sex offender registration contact the Fayetteville Police Department's Criminal Investigation Division at 479-587-3520.

  18. Does the City of Fayetteville have any curfew laws?

    At this time the City of Fayetteville does not have any curfew laws.

  19. Is there a noise ordinance in for Fayetteville?

    Yes.  Sound (music) coming from a vehicle at any time should not be heard from a distance greater than 30 feet and must be plainly audible.  Between the hours of 1:00 AM and 8:00 AM noise coming from a business or residence that can be heard from a distance greater than 150 feet from the business or residences is a violations of the city noise ordinance.  Violations at any other time will be determined by a sound meter reading taken from the property line by a certified officer. Use of compression release engine brakes is prohibited in the city limits.

  20. Where can I obtain information on Police Auctions?

    You can contact the Property Evidence Manager at 479-587-3586.

  21. Can I file a police report on-line?

    In certain instances you can file an online report. If the following criteria are met:

    This is not an Emergency

    This incident occurred within the Fayetteville Police Department City limits

    There are No Known suspects

    This did not occur on Interstate 540

    This did not occur within the jurisdiction of the University of Arkansas Police Department

    If the incident is a theft of less than $500

    Click HERE  to begin the online reporting process.

  22. How do I add information to my police report?

    Either contact the Criminal Investigations Division at 479-587-3520 or a police Support Specialist at 479-587-3571.  They can add information to your report.

  23. How do I find out information about a traffic citation?

    Information regarding the price of a ticket or questions regarding the amount of any fine can be obtained by calling the Records Division at 479-587-3565.  Information regarding court dates or how to keep a traffic citation off of your driving record can be obtained by calling District Court at 479-587-3590.

  24. How do I file a Freedom of Information (FOI) request?

    Contact the Community Oriented Police Division at 479-587-3580.

  25. How long do I have to tag/insure my vehicle after purchase?

    You have thirty (30) days to tag your vehicle.  Your vehicle should be insured immediately after purchase to abide with Arkansas State Laws.

  26. What can I do about my neighbor's barking dog?

    Contact Animal Services at 479-444-3456 during regular business hours.  It is also helpful to keep a log with the dates and times the dog has been barking to provide to the Animal Services Officer.

  27. Can you help me get my property back from my ex-roommate, husband or wife?

    This is considered a civil matter between you and your ex-roommate, husband or wife.  The police department cannot get involved in those matters.  All civil matters are handled through the court.  If you fear for your safety while you retrieve some of your property you can call our non-emergency number and request a civil standby.

  28. Where is the Police Department located?

    Our address is 100-A W. Rock Street.  We are located one block south of the Fayetteville Square on the corner of Rock Street and Block Ave.

  29. How do I a compliment or file a complaint against a Police Officer?

     To file a compliment/complaint against a Police Officer you may either click on the link below or contact the Police Department at 479-587-3555.

    Office of Professional Standards (Complaints)

  30. What after hour city services are provided by the Central Dispatch Center?

    The Central Dispatch Center answers calls for emergency citywide services when the regular business offices are closed.  These calls include, water leaks, sewage back-ups, injured animals, etc.  When notified of a problem, CDC contacts the on-call person for that particular department.  The on-call person in turn will either contact the citizen or go directly to the scene, depending on the circumstances.

  31. Can I pay a parking meter ticket at the Fayetteville Police Department?

    No.  Parking meter tickets are paid at Parking Magament at 113 W. Mountain Fayetteville, AR 72701 or by dropping off payment at any of the red meter courtsey boxes.   Parking meter tickets can also be paid online by clicking on the following link: