AccessFayetteville provides numerous ways to stay informed about your local government.
Holiday Safety Tips
The Fayetteville Police Department urges everyone to take safety precautions this holiday season. With people traveling out of town for the holidays, the potential for burglaries and thefts will increase.
Chief of Police Greg Tabor offers the following suggestions to help reduce your chances of becoming a victim of crime:
* Lock all windows and doors.
* Close blinds or drapes to prevent someone from looking inside your house. Do not display presents in windows.
* Use electric timers on lamps and radios to give the appearance that someone is home.
* Make sure that recorded messages on telephone answering machines don't specify you are not home.
* Don’t advise people your leaving town on Social Networking sites.
* If going out of town, stop newspaper deliveries and have a friend pick up your mail. Call 587-3555 and request your home be placed on the EXTRA PATROL - VACATION HOME list.
* While shopping, do not leave packages or valuable articles in the interior of your car; lock them in the trunk.
* Park in well lighted areas.
* Remove keys from ignition roll windows up and lock doors.