AccessFayetteville provides numerous ways to stay informed about your local government.
Parking Deck Timeline
*Note: This is a tentative schedule. Dates are subject to change.
- November 15, 2011 - Ordinance No. 5457 authorizing the issuance and sale of not to exceed $6,500,500 of parking revenue improvement bonds for the purpose of financing all or a portion of the costs of acquisition, construction and equipping of a parking deck facility is approved by City Council.
- December 16, 2011 - Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for the design of a Entertainment District Parking Deck are due.
- February 21, 2012 - City Council approves Resolution No. 42-12, a contract with Garver, LLC for preliminary site evaluation, design, and construction administration of the Entertainment District Parking Deck.
- March 19, 2012 - Geotech work begins on four potential deck locations.
- April 4, 2012 - Public input sessions regarding the parking deck site selection were held at the Walton Arts Center. Click here to view the press release.
- April 19, 2012 - City Council Tour: Prospective Entertainment District Parking Deck Tour was held as an additional opportunity to gain public input regarding the location for the proposed parking deck. Click here to view the news item.
- July 26, 2012 - Walton Arts Center Board meeting referencing WAC expansion.
- September 25, 2012 - Walton Arts Center Board meeting adopting WAC resolutions.
- November 27, 2012 - A presentation was made by the Parking Deck Team (including both City staff and consultants) at the City Council Agenda Session to discuss their findings regarding the four potential deck locations. To view this presentation, click here.
- December 4, 2012 - City Council approves Resolution 238-12 to select the site of the Entertainment District Parking Deck and to express the City Council's intent to replace administrative office and parking spaces lost through this project.
- December 18, 2012 - City Council approves Resolution 252-12, a contract amendment with Garver, LLC for the design of the Entertainment District Parking Deck.
- December 19, 2012 - Parking revenue improvement bonds are issued.
- March 12, 2013 - A public input session regarding the deck's design took place after the City Council's Agenda Session. To view the presentation, click here.
- May - July 2013 - Award construction contract (construction management method).
- Fall 2013 - Begin construction.
- Fall 2014 - Complete construction.