AccessFayetteville provides numerous ways to stay informed about your local government.
Parking Deck Timeline
*Note: This is a tentative schedule. Dates are subject to change.
PROJECT HISTORY & DOCUMENTS:
- Summer-Fall 2015 - Complete construction.
- Summer 2014 - Begin construction.
- July 2014 - Award construction contract (construction management method).
- April 29, 2014 - Project Update presented to City Council. To view the presentation, click below: Spring Street Municipal Parking Deck - April 2014 UpdateCity Council Memo-Cost Estimate Update
- January 28, 2014 - Project Update presented to City Council. To view the presentation, click below: Spring Street Municipal Parking Deck - January 2014 Update - Liner Building Discussion Workforce Liner Building ProposalTo watch the video of this presentation, click the following link and fast forward to 29:08 Spring St Municipal Parking Deck 01/28/14 - Liner Building Discussion
- December 31, 2013 - Project Update presented to City Council. To view the presentation, click below:Spring Street Municipal Parking Deck - December 2013 Update
- August 13, 2013 - Project Update presented to City Council. To view the presentation, click below: Spring Street Municipal Parking Deck - August 2013 Update
- March 12, 2013 - A public input session regarding the deck's design took place after the City Council's Agenda Session. To view the presentation, click below: Spring Street Municipal Parking Deck - March 2013 Update
- March 5, 2013 - Construction Management Services Pre-Submission Meeting Presentation *To learn more about this RFQ selection, visit our Purchasing webpage
- December 19, 2012 - Parking revenue improvement bonds are issued.
- December 18, 2012 - City Council approves Resolution 252-12, a contract amendment with Garver, LLC for the design of the Entertainment District Parking Deck.
- December 4, 2012 - City Council approves Resolution 238-12 to select the site of the Entertainment District Parking Deck and to express the City Council's intent to replace administrative office and parking spaces lost through this project.
- November 27, 2012 - A presentation was made by the Parking Deck Team (including both City staff and consultants) at the City Council Agenda Session to discuss their findings regarding the four potential deck locations. To view this presentation, click Site Selection Study Presentation
- November 16, 2012 - Prepared by Garver and design team Parking Deck Site Selection Study - Final Report
- September 25, 2012 - Walton Arts Center Board meeting adopting WAC resolutions.
- July 26, 2012 - Walton Arts Center Board meeting referencing WAC expansion.
- May 14, 2012 - Prepared by Grubbs, Hoskyn, Barton & Wyatt, Inc. Geotechnical Feasibility Study
- April 19, 2012 - City Council Tour: Prospective Entertainment District Parking Deck Tour was held as an additional opportunity to gain public input regarding the location for the proposed parking deck. Click here to view the news item.
- April 4, 2012 - Public input sessions regarding the parking deck site selection were held at the Walton Arts Center. Click here to view the press release.
- March 19, 2012 - Geotech work begins on four potential deck locations.
- February 21, 2012 - City Council approves Resolution No. 42-12, a contract with Garver, LLC for preliminary site evaluation, design, and construction administration of the Entertainment District Parking Deck.
- December 16, 2011 - Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for the design of a Entertainment District Parking Deck are due.
- November 15, 2011 - Ordinance No. 5457 authorizing the issuance and sale of not to exceed $6,500,500 of parking revenue improvement bonds for the purpose of financing all or a portion of the costs of acquisition, construction and equipping of a parking deck facility is approved by City Council.