AccessFayetteville provides numerous ways to stay informed about your local government.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I get signed up on the mailing list?
Details on how to get signed up on our mailing list can be found by clicking Email Subscriptions. You don't need to respond to stay on our mailing list, only be signed up with a valid email address.
- What is the difference between a Bid, an RFP, and an RFQ?
During a bid, price is the most deciding factor for award. Bid examples include: construction, equipment, materials and supplies.
An RFP (Request for Proposals) or RFQ (Request for Qualifications) is used more where price is a consideration, but not the most weighed factor. Other factors considered include:
1. Qualifications in Relation to Specific Project to be Performed
2. Experience, Competence, and Capacity for Performance
3. Work Method and Location of Facilities
4. Past Performance
5. Price (not considered in an RFQ)
RFQ's are only done for architectural, engineering and legal services.
- Where do we advertise our Bids, RFP's and RFQ's?
All advertisements run in the Northwest Arkansas Times and Arkansas Democrat-Gazette under classification 1210 legals.
- Who do I call if I have a question?
Please refer to the contact information provided in each Bid, RFP or RFQ.
- Am I allowed to contact the selection committee members during the RFP/RFQ process?
No. By City policy, vendors are not allowed to communicate with any members of the selection committee until the committee has voted.
- Are there any requirements for submitting a bid?
Terms and conditions vary with each bid depending on what is being purchased. Please refer to the terms and conditions section of the bid for details.
- Do I need to include taxes and shipping in my bid?
Bid pricing shall include all labor, materials, shipping, insurance, etc., to cover the furnishing of the items bid. Sales tax will apply when necessary; however, it will not be considered during bid evaluation.
- How do I get a copy of a plan holders list?
All requests for a plan holders list need to be done through the Purchasing Division.
- When do I need an Arkansas Contractor’s License Number?
When bidding on a construction project for more than $20,000 an Arkansas State Contractor’s License Number is required.
- When do I need a bid bond or 100% performance and payment bond?
A bid bond is required to be submitted with construction bids totaling $20,000 or more. A 100% performance and payment bond is required whenever a vendor is awarded a construction contract totaling $20,000 or more. Equipment or service contracts exceeding $20,000 may in some instances also require a performance and payment bond.
- Where do I find the results of a bid?
The results of our bids can be found on the Bid Tabulations page.
- What does the City do with its surplus equipment?
The City of Fayetteville sells surplus via a third party online auction company called GovDeals, Inc. The City of Fayetteville sends out weekly notifications containing a list of items that have been placed on the auction site. Please subscribe to our mailing list to get automatic notifications of items for sale. If you have questions regarding the online process contact the Purchasing Division at 479-575-8256. For new bidder verifications, call 1-800-613-0156 ext. 1, and for assistance with an existing GovDeals, Inc. account, call customer service at 1-800-613-0156, ext. 2.