AccessFayetteville provides numerous ways to stay informed about your local government.
Curbside Recycling Bin Collection
- Please place your recycling bin at the curb the night before your collection day as the collection occurs early.
- Place your recycling bin within 5-6 feet of the roadway, and at least 3 feet from your trash cart, placing it in a highly visible location.
- Please do not place needles, tobacco products, diapers, broken glass, or other trash in with your recyclable materials.
- Please remove all liquid, food residue, and plastic linings from containers.
- Labels do not have to be removed from recyclables.
- Please stack newspapers on top of mixed papers for easy sorting by our drivers. Newspaper and mixed paper may be separated in a reusable bag available at the Recycling and Trash Collection Division (please call (479) 575-8398 for more information on bags), or place in a second bin for paper and paperboard.
- Please flatten paperboard and cardboard, and place large flattened cardboard under your bin to prevent the wind from blowing it around your neighborhood.
- During inclement weather, please place your paper and paperboard recycling in a bin with the lid securely fastened to keep material dry. We do ask that you keep your cardboard inside during inclement weather, saving it for your next collection day.
Remember: You are allowed 2 free recycling bins!
Click here for a short video on how to prepare and sort your materials for curbside collection.
Click here if you have further questions about what materials can be recycled.
Click here to see our Recycling Brochure