AccessFayetteville provides numerous ways to stay informed about your local government.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I recycle magazines and telephone books in the curbside recycling program at my home?
- Can I use plastic grocery/retail bags to bundle or sack newspaper, paperboard, and junk mail?
- Can I recycle large amounts of cardboard and paper?
- Are all plastics recyclable in our community?
- Can I use another bin or do I have to use the City of Fayetteville recycling bins?
- What if one recycling bin is not enough?
- I can't remember...what items are recycled in Fayetteville?
- I've got ink jet cartridges and rechargable batteries, what do I do with them?
- Can I recycle my Christmas tree?
- What do you mean by Fayetteville having a Pay As You Throw Trash program?
- What do I do if I've got more trash than can fit into my cart on collection day?
- Can I place loose trash in my cart?
- Does it matter how the cart is set out for collection?
- What are the procedures for setting and retrieving my cart?
- What do I do if my cart is stolen or damaged?
- What do I do with large items that are considered Bulky Waste?
- How do I participate in the Ward Bulky Waste cleanups?
- How do I set up the trash service?
- I'm moving out of my house so what do I do with the trash cart?
- Can I have more than one trash cart?
- What if I am physically unable to get my trash and recycling to the curb?
- How do I participate in the Yardwaste program?
- What if I have too much yard waste to fit into paper bags or cans?
- Can we use plastic trash bags for leaves and grass?
- During Halloween I have pumpkins and hay to dispose of, how do I get rid of them?
- During the fall and summer months, I will have more than my usual amount of yard waste. Will they still pick it up?
- What are the hours of operation, location and fees associated with the Compost Facility?
- What if I want to set up a backyard compost pile?