AccessFayetteville provides numerous ways to stay informed about your local government.
Yard Waste Program
Fayetteville offers weekly curbside yard waste collection to residents in single family homes.
- Yard waste, recycling and household trash are all collected on the same day.
- Materials collected include grass clippings, leaves, and brush.
- All yard waste must be placed within five (5) feet of the curb. Please do not place yard waste closer than three (3) feet from your trash cart.
- All grass clippings and leaves must be bagged in compostable brown paper yard waste bags (available at local grocery and home improvement stores). There is a limit of 10 bags or 3 - 35 gallon cans per week that can be placed out at the curb. Yard waste can also be placed in a trash can visibly marked as "Yard Waste".
- NO PLASTIC, PLEASE! Plastic bags, either black bags or degradable plastic bags, will not be collected due to operational concerns.
- All brush must be bundled and tied and not greater than four (4) feet in length. No limb shall be greater than five (5) inches in diameter.
- No paper bags or tied bundles shall weigh more than fifty (50) pounds.
- No bag of yard waste shall contain dirt, trash, rocks, flower pots, etc.
- All yard waste and brush must be placed at the curb for collection by 5:00 a.m.
- This program is limited to the residential sector and does not include commercial accounts, or residents who use dumpsters or apartments.
The yard waste collected through our program will be processed at the City’s Composting Facility. Brush will be ground to produce mulch (wood chips) and grass and leaves will be combined to produce a high quality compost. For information on purchasing finished compost or mulch, please click here or call 479-575-8398 for more information.
Any resident may also bring their yard waste to the City’s Composting Facility located at 1708 S. Armstrong Avenue just south of the Animal Shelter during normal operating hours.
Currently a state law bans yard waste from disposal in Arkansas landfills. The City encourages all citizens to participate in some form of yard waste reuse, whether it is City collection, backyard composting, or the use of a mulching lawn mower. Information on backyard composting can be obtained by calling our Waste Reduction Coordinator at 718-7685 or through e-mail by clicking here.
If you have any questions about your yard waste collections, please contact the Solid Waste Division at (479) 575-8398 or e-mail here.
Click here to see a short video on how to set out your yardwaste for collection.