AccessFayetteville provides numerous ways to stay informed about your local government.
What criteria are used in selecting areas for neighborhood plans, and when is the next one scheduled?
The development of complete neighborhood plans is an on-going benchmark set up in the framework of City Plan 2025. To date staff has completed neighborhood plans for the Walker Park and Fayette Junction neighborhoods. Staff looks at a number of criteria during the analysis phase of determining which neighborhoods are appropriate candidates for a plan. A short list is compiled and presented to the City Council for the final selection. The following criteria is used to evaluate neighborhood candidates:
* Does the neighborhood meet the goals of City Plan 2025?
* Is the area seeing significant development pressure?
* Is there an abundance of vacant and / or underutilized land?
* Are there potential partners in the area for the process?
* Are there any other concurrent or planned projects in the area?