How can citizens report a street light outage?


The majority of street lights are maintained by the utility service provider (electric company) for the area in which the street light is located.  The City of Fayetteville Transportation Division accepts service requests for street light outages and will report the information to the appropriate utility service provider as a convenience to citizens.  Please be prepared to provide the following information:

  • Name
  • Address (A street address is required.  If the light is not located at a specific address, please provide the closest available street address)
  • Telephone Number
  • Pole Number
  • Utility Service Provider (AEP/SWEPCO or Ozarks Electric)

Street light outage reports can be made by contacting AEP/SWEPCO at (888) 216-3523 or Ozarks Electric Cooperative at (800) 521-6144 or by contacting the Transportation Division office at (479) 575-8228, sending an e-mail to, submitting a Customer Service Online Service Request.