How can I report vegetation growing too close to power lines or street lights?


All power lines and the majority of street lights are maintained by the utility service provider (electric company) for the area in which the street light and lines are located.  The City of Fayetteville Transportation Division does accept service requests for vegetation encroaching on street lights/power lines and will report the information to the appropriate utility service provider as a convenience to citizens.  Please be prepared to provide the following information:

  • Name
  • Address (A street address is required.  If the light/power lines are not located at a specific address, please provide the closest available street address)
  • Telephone Number
  • Pole Number(s) for the street light(s) into which the vegetation is growing, and/or 
  • Pole number(s) attached to the power lines into which the vegetation is growing
  • Utility Service Provider (AEP/SWEPCO or Ozarks Electric)

Impeding vegetation reports can be made by calling the Transportation Division office at (479) 575-8228, sending an e-mail to, submitting a Customer Service Online Service Request using the application available on this web site, or by contacting AEP/SWEPCO at (888) 216-3523 or Ozarks Electric Cooperative at (800) 521-6144.