Staying Informed

AccessFayetteville provides numerous ways to stay informed about your local government.



The City of Fayetteville Transportation Division provides maintenance and improvements utilizing City staff, vehicles and equipment through the following programs:

Services provided are restricted to City owned areas, easements, and right-of-ways within city limits. Not all streets within Fayetteville city limits are maintained by the City.

All maintenance and improvements on private streets and private property are the responsibility of the property owner.

The Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Division (AHTD) maintains State highways, interstates and access roads. Questions or concerns regarding areas maintained by the State of Arkansas can be reported by contacting the local AHTD office by phone at (479) 251-8418.  State roadways include the following:

  • Interstate 540
  • Highway 265 (Crossover Road)
  • Highway 45 (Mission Boulevard)
  • Highway 112 (Garland Avenue, portions of Razorback Road)
  • Highway 16E (Huntsville Road)
  • Highway 16W (Wedington Drive)
  • Highway 62 (Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard)
  • Highway 180 (Gregg Avenue, Township Street)
  • Highway 156 (Willoughby Road)
  • Highway 71B (College Avenue, Archibald Yell Boulevard, School Avenue)

Contact Information

Please contact the Transportation Division if you have any questions, concerns or notice an area in need of improvements, maintenance or repair.

Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
Phone: (479) 575-8228
submit a Customer Service Online Service Request

For after-hours emergency, please call the Police Department at (479) 587-3555. Transportation crew members are on call 24 hours a day to address emergencies.

How To File a Claim For Damages

Check out our FAQs for many common questions and answers.