Staying Informed

AccessFayetteville provides numerous ways to stay informed about your local government.



How do I report a water and sewer outage.


The City of Fayetteville appreciates calls at anytime to let us know that there is a water or sewer problem that needs to be evaluated. Odds are good that City personnel are already aware of the problem and are working to solve it, but sometimes your call is what's needed to learn about a problem.

If you suspect a water main break, or a sewer overflow, or any type of related problem, please do not hesitate to call the Fayetteville Water and Sewer Maintenance Division. These are all situations that require trained personnel to assess the problem and associated dangers.

When you call, be sure to identify the type of problem and its location, as well as your name, address, and contact information so that officials can get in touch with you should we need more information. If you supply us an email address, we may be able to update you by email on our progress of correcting the reported problem.

To report a problem, or for more information, contact the Water and Wastewater Maintenance Department, between 7:30 A.M. and 4:30 P.M. Monday through Friday, at (479) 575-8386.

For after-hours problems of this nature, you may phone Fayetteville Police Central Dispatch for assistance. That phone number is (479) 587-3555 option "1".